2. He lets me be me. He quit trying to change me a long time ago. Now he just lets the Lord do that.
3. He gives me down time. He understands that underneath my great social skills, I am an introvert who requires privacy and solitude.
4. He's respectful. He treats me (and everyone else) with dignity. He never swears. Ever. I've never once heard him use profanity. You have no idea how much I admire that about him.
5. He's not intimidated by my success. In fact, he wants me to succeed. He supports my passion and applauds my achievements.
6. He's a hard-worker. He never complains about his job.
7. He believes the best about people. He never jumps to conclusions, he gives people a second (third, fourth, fifth) chance, he forgives quickly, he actively refrains from "reading into" other people's motives and encourages me to do the same. "You never know what kind of day they had," he often says.
8. He's a good listener. He knows the right questions to ask and tries to understand every person he meets.
9. He reads his Bible and prays every day. He knows his Bible well, but he keeps it to himself. Which is to say, he thinks arguments over doctrinal differences are a waste of time and a grief to Christ's heart.
10. He's generous. He wears his clothes and shoes until they literally fall apart. He takes pleasure in caring for the needs of others.
11. He's quiet. He doesn't use words to express his love. He loves me with his actions.
12. He's not vain. He doesn't try to impress people with shallow things like money, status or success.
13. He's loyal and trustworthy. He knows all my secrets and he holds them confidentially.
14. He doesn't look at other women. When we are in public, he looks away when an immodestly dressed woman passes by. He never flirts. He doesn't even chat with other women. He truly only has eyes for me. Do you know how treasured this makes me feel?
15. He loves our children and puts their needs above his own. He gets up with them at night. He is patient with them. He loves to give them good gifts. He laughs at their jokes.
I just want him to know how much I love him!
Why do you love your husband or wife? I would love to read your list. Feel free to share here or blog your list and put a link to your post in this comment box! Let's share the love!!