This week I’m giving up two trips to Starbucks and donating that money to World Vision’s efforts in the Horn of Africa. Here’s why:
- 12.4 million are affected in the region
- More than 35% of all children in the region are now facing emergency levels of malnutrition
- Starvation is a real threat in famine-declared areas of Somalia
- Some 30,000 children have already lost their lives
- Worst drought in 60 years
World Vision has assisted communities in the Horn of Africa for 3 decades. Even now, our teams in Kenya, Ethiopia and Somalia are responding to this crisis with food, water, blankets and other critical needs for families.
You can help, too. Simply text your $10 donation to 20222 with the word “FAMINE” and your money will go straight to relief efforts in the Horn of Africa.
Can you give up ONE THING this week and help?
[if you're a blogger, join us by spreading the word on your own blog and LINK UP at World Vision. You can also tweet your support by using the hashtag #faminenomore]