- Belts and spatulas: a story of spanking, fear, failure and redemption
- Is my church a cult?
- The New Misogyny: "bro-culture" pastors, sexist Christian comedians and abuse apologetics disguised as female empowerment
- I was spanked as a child and I turned out ok. Didn't I?
- Recovering from cults and abusive relationships
- Who is Elizabeth Esther?
- Lazy! Flighty! Slobby! Commitment-phobe! (Understanding your ENFP "dark side" and becoming a well-rounded, mature ENFP)
- You've Got to Make Him REPRESS Himself
- Throwing out the baby with the bathwater?
Category Archives: Bedrest Epiphanies
My yoga teachers often say: "There is no judgment in yoga." Which is fantastic because I look pretty hilarious in yoga. I huff and I puff. I fall over and experience involuntary fits of laughter. You could say I'm an … Continue reading
Having lots of contractions. Ultrasound discovered that my cervix has shortened too much. Doctor has placed me on strict bedrest. I can’t sit, I can’t walk, I can’t stand. I can lay on my side and use the restroom. That’s … Continue reading
1. Never underestimate the cheering power of a one-pump gingerbread latte from Starbucks. 2. Read one chapter from three different books on the same day. Something literary, something lighthearted, something spiritual—I dare you to keep the plot-lines straight! (Do brains … Continue reading
I’m a lump. A large, helpless lump that requires frequent feedings. A grumpy lump who thinks Christmas will be bleak since I can’t decorate, run up the credit cards or generally stress myself out with all the holiday cheer. I … Continue reading
"So, is this your first?" asked the middle-aged ultrasound tech as she probed my legs for Deep Vein Thrombosis. Oh great, here we go again, I thought. "Fourth and fifth!" I chirped cheerily with a big smile. Maybe, just maybe … Continue reading