- Elizabeth Smart & the life-threatening danger of shame-based purity culture
- Who is Elizabeth Esther?
- Belts and spatulas: a story of spanking, fear, failure and redemption
- I was spanked as a child and I turned out ok. Didn't I?
- A Handy Guide For Dealing With Manipulative People
- Lazy! Flighty! Slobby! Commitment-phobe! (Understanding your ENFP "dark side" and becoming a well-rounded, mature ENFP)
- Good Christian girls don't talk about sex. We just obsess about it.
- Polygamy: a new trend for Christians?
- Virginity: New & Improved!
- The Curvy Girl's Guide to Buying Pants
Category Archives: Food and Drink
Be not afraid. God loves you and wants us to love one another as He loves us…He loves us with an infinitely faithful love. –Bl. Mother Teresa For me, Sundays feel like land-mine days. Somedays I manage to pick my … Continue reading
I have this visceral reaction to lentil beans. They remind me too much of a childhood steeped in hippie-influenced health food: millet for breakfast, whole-grain sandwiches for lunch, eggplant casserole for dinner. No processed food, no refined sugar, very little … Continue reading
Since I can’t go to church anymore, I’ve settled into a new Sunday morning routine. I help get the children dressed and out the door with their dad (they love church–and I’m happy to support them) and then I pour … Continue reading
When you can’t make sense of it all, make pizza. At the very least, dance in the kitchen with your rolling pin.
When I make pizza, I turn on the music and dance unabashedly with my rolling pin. Rolling pins are very obliging partners. Scandalous as it may sound to my proper fundamentalist upbringing, I really like to have fun. I can't … Continue reading
I've been shuttling kids all over town for two hours (baseball drop-offs and pickups) and am finally in the drive-thru line when he texts me. Making casadias. WHAT? Casa Dios? Casa de diaz? Oh, wait. Quesadillas. Apparently, our iPhones don't … Continue reading
I have childbearing hips. This is fantastic in the delivery room, but not so fantastic in skinny jeans. And then I had twins. That's the title of my life now. AND THEN I HAD TWINS. My hips have never been the … Continue reading
[pasta shells, organic marinara sauce with ground turkey, steamed broccoli, parmesan cheese--a typical meal for my kids (all photos are mine)] Everyone knows there's an obesity epidemic in our country. I think "epidemic" is a fitting description since being … Continue reading