- Why we left Calvary Chapel Costa Mesa
- Belts and spatulas: a story of spanking, fear, failure and redemption
- Elizabeth Smart & the life-threatening danger of shame-based purity culture
- Who is Elizabeth Esther?
- A Handy Guide For Dealing With Manipulative People
- Good Christian girls don't talk about sex. We just obsess about it.
- I was spanked as a child and I turned out ok. Didn't I?
- The Curvy Girl's Guide to Buying Pants
- How Christian schools make children LESS Christian
Category Archives: Life in The OC
The sign said: do not ride if you are uncomfortable in small, dark, enclosed spaces. The kids glanced at me. "Mom, are you gonna be OK?" They know me. I hate elevators and airplanes. I get claustrophobic. James took my … Continue reading
We took a spontaneous trip to San Diego on Valentine's Day. My favorite part was driving over the Coronado Bridge. It's a spectacularly high bridge that connects the mainland to Coronado Island. For me, it's terrifying but also, strangely exhilarating. … Continue reading
The question is: "Did you paddle back out?" This is my li'l grom, James. He paddled back out. :: ::James will be reading your encouraging comments::
1. Dude, it feels good to be a Californian. I loved visiting Chicago again but realized I'm no match for the Midwestern winter. I tend to take that kind of hostile climate personally. My sister text'd me after that big … Continue reading
I feel like I'm crash landing into Christmas, skidding in sideways and barely alive. The presents are wrapped, the ham has been ordered, the house is clean. But I've lost my mind somewhere between unmet expectations and the child I … Continue reading
waves on the jetty @ Corona Del Mar, Nov. '08 Southern California is land of eternal sunshine. The only way I know the seasons are changing is because the light changes. Summer light is stark and white hot. It glances … Continue reading
Of course he thought it was important. Dire, even. It simply could not wait. So, we all waited behind him at the green light while he finished up that super important text. And then I honked. He was like, "HUH? … Continue reading
I was playing with the twins on the sand… when superstar surfer, Andy Irons, ran right past me!!! Matt got the shot! Later, Jorie got a great view of the competition while perched atop Daddy's shoulders. There were some great … Continue reading
1. Don't wear Penny Loafers on the beach. 2. Get in the water. Getting close enough for a picture doesn't count. 3. Don't try to surf in the swimmers only zone. 4. Those brightly colored swim trunks from Lands End … Continue reading
Yep. Spring has sprung. YAY!