- Elizabeth Smart & the life-threatening danger of shame-based purity culture
- Who is Elizabeth Esther?
- Belts and spatulas: a story of spanking, fear, failure and redemption
- A Handy Guide For Dealing With Manipulative People
- I was spanked as a child and I turned out ok. Didn't I?
- Why we left Calvary Chapel Costa Mesa
- The Curvy Girl's Guide to Buying Pants
- Good Christian girls don't talk about sex. We just obsess about it.
- Lazy! Flighty! Slobby! Commitment-phobe! (Understanding your ENFP "dark side" and becoming a well-rounded, mature ENFP)
Category Archives: Marriage
There is a land of the living and a land of the dead and the bridge is love, the only survival, the only meaning. –Thornton Wilder Looking back, I can see how blindly optimistic I was–as if willpower alone could … Continue reading
A few months after we were married, church leadership “strongly encouraged” us to attend a marriage workshop. Frankly, attendance wasn’t optional. To maintain our good standing in church, we were more or less required to attend these workshops. And participate … Continue reading
Old-school misogyny is alive and well. Except now it’s dressed in hip clothing. It probably blogs. It probably gets its ideas from books rife with harmful gender stereotypes. And it probably uses edgy language like “giving our men their balls … Continue reading
I used to think divorce was the worst thing that could happen to me. Now I know that there are worse things: like living a lie, like thinking it’s all my fault for not fixing it, like trying to pretend … Continue reading