- Why we left Calvary Chapel Costa Mesa
- Who is Elizabeth Esther?
- Belts and spatulas: a story of spanking, fear, failure and redemption
- Elizabeth Smart & the life-threatening danger of shame-based purity culture
- Good Christian girls don't talk about sex. We just obsess about it.
- A Handy Guide For Dealing With Manipulative People
- How Christian schools make children LESS Christian
- I was spanked as a child and I turned out ok. Didn't I?
- The Curvy Girl's Guide to Buying Pants
- How to talk to someone living inside an abusive church/cult group
Category Archives: BJU
I never really intended for my site to become the Bust-BJU-Blog but now, it’s personal. I just learned that my own grandmother attended BJU. You know, the one who forced me to repent on my knees? Yeah, a lot of … Continue reading
BJU Dress Code & “Demerit” Disciplinary System: complicated and capricious (Don’t you dare walk on the grass! Wearing Birkenstocks! While listening to music on headphones!)
Something is rotten in the state of BJU. If this handbook is any indication, there is severe psychological, emotional and spiritual abuse taking place at this university. It’s unspeakably oppressive. My heart breaks for these young men and women being … Continue reading