Day 2=Forgive #31Days2Happy
To forgive is the highest, most beautiful form of love. In return, you will receive untold peace and happiness. --Robert Muller
Happy are those whose sins are forgiven, whose wrongs are pardoned. --Psalm 32:1
Forgiveness saves expense of anger, the cost of hatred, the waste of spirits. --Hannah Mor
As long as you don't forgive, whoever and whatever it is will occupy rent-free space in your mind. --Isabelle Holland
Be assured that if you knew all, you would pardon all. ---Thomas A Kempis
I've written about the sacrament of Confession and how it radically changed my life: Confession brought the sunshine of hope back into my life. Of all the many gifts of Catholicism, the gift of Reconciliation ranks among the highest for me. I've received much healing and grace in the confessional--more than I ever imagined possible.
If religious ideas about forgiveness don't suit you, here are some ideas about the benefits of forgiveness from a secular point of view.
Today's Happy Homework:
- forgive someone
- forgive the guy who cuts you off in traffic
- remember that TRAFFIC isn't just TRAFFIC, it's people--all with lives and dreams and feelings just like you :)
- give the benefit of the doubt
- when mistreated, instead of lashing back--forgive. Being mistreated teaches you how you will NOT treat others in the future. :)
- if you can't forgive others yet, start by forgiving yourself first.